I don't have money to pay for daughter sex change surgery but at 16 she's depressed?

In brief: Be realistic
With a suicide rate approaching 70X that of the general population you must focus on helping her deal with her emotions.
This is less a time for a surgery you can not afford than a time to help her grow into her emerging identity.The intensity of conflict & confusion at her age is something most adults can't remember or understand, but it can work out.Find an unrelated therapist & get started

In brief: Be realistic
Dr. Otto Placik
Surgery - Plastics
In brief: It's too early at 16
I would spend time & money in counseling to thoroughly evaluate her/his feelings about the procedure.
This should be considered an irreversible procedure and i'd your daughter is convinced about her sexual gender, she should live in that role for over two years prior to contemplating surgery and unless this is an interest state, i would let her carry the responsibility of that decision as an adult.

In brief: It's too early at 16
Dr. Otto Placik
Dr. Otto Placik
Dr. Jonathan Nehrer
Pediatrics - Psychiatry
In brief: I agree
You need to get her treatment for her depression now.
When she is less depressed and an adult then she can decide on the sex change opertion herself or decide not to get it.

In brief: I agree
Dr. Jonathan Nehrer
Dr. Jonathan Nehrer
Dr. Eric Weisman