3 doctors weighed in:
What will happen if you end up eating some triclosan?
3 doctors weighed in

Dr. Steven Machtinger
Internal Medicine - Allergy & Immunology
2 doctors agree
In brief: Probably nothing
There are no reports of human poisoning from ingestion of triclosan.
Triclosan is reportedly harmful to algae & causes reproductive & developmental abnormalities in certain fish. There is a report of liver & kidney injury in rats. If you use one of the many toothpastes containing triclosan then you are already swallowing a little bit of this broad-spectrum antibiotic.

In brief: Probably nothing
There are no reports of human poisoning from ingestion of triclosan.
Triclosan is reportedly harmful to algae & causes reproductive & developmental abnormalities in certain fish. There is a report of liver & kidney injury in rats. If you use one of the many toothpastes containing triclosan then you are already swallowing a little bit of this broad-spectrum antibiotic.
Dr. Steven Machtinger
Dr. Steven Machtinger
Thank
Dr. Jack Mutnick
Internal Medicine - Allergy & Immunology
In brief: Triclosan
All depends on the amount, but if it is minimal accidental ingestion due to a pesticide on produce, you have nothing to worry about.
...Or at least that is what the government tells us.

In brief: Triclosan
All depends on the amount, but if it is minimal accidental ingestion due to a pesticide on produce, you have nothing to worry about.
...Or at least that is what the government tells us.
Dr. Jack Mutnick
Dr. Jack Mutnick
Thank
Read more answers from doctors