How do I control pain due to nerve damage in my foot & ankle because of a compound fracture?

Fracture . This is a very difficult scenario to manage. Very often after sustaing the type of injury you describe pain is always present. In my practice i will use a brace for limiting motion and often incorporate physical therapy.
Couple. There are many medications to try if the pain has continued since the injury has healed. You may want to consult a pain specialists or neurologist so they can test and access the source of the damage.