What kind of compensation should we be looking at for whip lash bruised ribs, back pain and sciatica resulting?

Cannot say. This is a question better answered by an attorney not a doctor. A doctor can help you with your physical problems but is not in a position to discuss compensation with you.
Talk to Your Lawyer. No one here would have such info to give you advice about this.