Will anti estrogen pills remove gynecomastia in teenage boys?

Dr. Alfredo Garcia

In brief: Gynecomastia

Yes. With the administration of clomiphene, an antiestrogen, approximately 50% of patients achieve partial reduction in breast size, and approximately 20% of patients note complete resolution.
Tamoxifen, an estrogen antagonist, is effective for recent-onset and tender gynecomastia. Up to 80% of patients report partial to complete resolution. Another drug is danazol.

In brief: Gynecomastia

Dr. Alfredo Garcia
Dr. Alfredo Garcia
Dr. John Cheng

In brief: Consider

Consider seeing a plastic surgeon to discuss options.

In brief: Consider

Dr. John Cheng
Dr. John Cheng
Dr. Otto Placik
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Probably not

Although anti-estrogen pills have been used to prevent or minimize the effects of estrogen like side effects of other medications, I do not believe they will work to remove or improve existing and established gynecomastia.

In brief: Probably not

Dr. Otto Placik
Dr. Otto Placik
Dr. Peter Kurzweil