How do you diagnose infertility?

Dr. Lillian Schapiro

In brief: It depends

The primary test for men is the semen analysis, best done by a fertility specialist.
For women, you can do your own ovulation predictor kit and see if you are ovulating. There is an office test called femvue to see if your fallopian tubes are open. There are also blood tests to evaluate your hormones. You may enjoy my book tick tock www.Ticktock.Ws, about my own infertility journey.

In brief: It depends

Dr. Lillian Schapiro
Dr. Lillian Schapiro
Dr. Seth Derman
Fertility Medicine

In brief: Work up

Most fertility docs and gyns will start a work up which is a series of tests including: 1.
Testing for ovarian aging (fsh, amh) 2. Testing to see if the tubes are open 3. Testing to see is the sperm is normal (semen analysis) 4. Testing for ovulation.

In brief: Work up

Dr. Seth Derman
Dr. Seth Derman