Synthroid (thyroxine) or Armour Thyroid for hypothyriodism?

Dr. Richard Shewbridge
Internal Medicine - Endocrinology
In brief: Levothyroxine.
Levothyroxine, generic form of synthroid, has many advantages over armour thyroid.
The armour product has significant batch to batch variation and has T3 (liothyronine) in it. Since the T3 (liothyronine) portion of armour has a very quick onset and short duration, it can wreak havoc with the ability to effectively treat hypothyroidism. Until there is a long-acting form of T3 (liothyronine) available, stick to levothyroxine.

In brief: Levothyroxine.
Dr. Richard Shewbridge
Dr. Richard Shewbridge
Dr. Samuel Freedman
In brief: Thyroid
I personally do not use dedicated cow thyroid (armour).
It is not a pure form and has unusual absorption. Synthetic thyroxine(synthroid) is a much purer and better option.

In brief: Thyroid
Dr. Samuel Freedman
Dr. Samuel Freedman
Dr. Vicken Poochikian