What is the cause of scalp psoriasis?

Same as body. There is inflammation amd thickening of the skin with thick attached scales. Although psoriasis can occur only in the scalp it usually accompanies psoriasis on other parts of the body. Scalp psoriasis can be nore difficult to treat with topicals and is less responsive to ultraviolet therapy or laser because of the hair.
Psoriasis. Psoriasis seems to be passed down through families. Doctors think it may be an autoimmune condition. This occurs when the immune system mistakenly attacks and destroys healthy body tissue. Http://www. Ncbi. Nlm. Nih. Gov/pubmedhealth/pmh0001470/.