My dentist just put permanent filling and temporary crown and asked me to take antibiotics for a week. I'm wondering should I take the antibiotics?

Dr. Dennis Kelley
Dentistry

If you trust your dentist and have confidence in his abilities and diagnostic skill.
Providing antibiotics after procedures such as those is quite common.

Dr. Dennis Kelley
Dr. Dennis Kelley
Dr. Richard Rosen
Dentistry

In brief: No need to take

I am unable to see a purpose for you to take antibiotics unless you have been diagonosed with an infection.

In brief: No need to take

Dr. Richard Rosen
Dr. Richard Rosen

In brief: Follow advice

When dental work is done, at times there is associated bacterimia, or increse in the number of bacteria.
In many people, especially diabetics or who have their immune system compromised in some way, it can lead to infections. Your dentist is the best person to judge if the work they have done requires you to be on antibiotics.

In brief: Follow advice

Dr. Mini Sambhavita Rangrass
Dr. Mini Sambhavita Rangrass
Dr. Thomas Stelmach
Dentistry - Cosmetic

In brief: Depends

It's unusual to prescribe antibiotics after a filling and a crown prep.
Your dentist might have noted an infection in your gums.

In brief: Depends

Dr. Thomas Stelmach
Dr. Thomas Stelmach
Dr. Alvaro Lazo
Either that or may think that it was a deep preparation which may cause the pulp and die and get infected. It is important to know that there was nothing wrong that he or she did .
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham