What is the temporary treatment for a tooth abscess until I go to the dentist?

Antibiotics. The antibiotic may calm down the abscess for a short time, but it takes 48 hours for antibiotics to work. Depending upon the size of the access, antibiotics may not be effective until after the access is drained, tooth removed, or pulp tissue removed. Don't rely on antibiotics to "buy you time" a tooth abscess is serious. Missing a day of work now, may keep you from missing a week or two later.
None. There is no temporary treatment for an abscessed tooth. An abscess is an infection of the jaw that must be treated with either extraction of the tooth or root canal of the tooth. Either of these procedures will "drain" the infection. Go to the dentist as soon as possible.
None. If you have an abscess do not wait please see your nearest dentist asap. If turns to spread of abscess can be more serious.