Is lasik eye surgery considered a cosmetic procedure?

Yes. Yes. Lasik is considered a cosmetic or elective procedure by insurances so it not covered by the vast majority of plans.
Possibly. It is more of an elective procedure not usually covered by insurance. It is considered cosmetic in the sense that you could wear glasses of contact lenses for vision correction.
Yes. Because this surgery is not 'medically necessary', it is considered cosmetic and therefore not covered by medical insurance.
No. Lasik surgery is for refractive changes in the eye via altering the shape and thickness of the cornea. Nothing to do with cosmesis...Function only.