How can I avoid smoking? (all of my friends smoke)

Dr. Randy Baker
Holistic Medicine
In brief: Set a good example!
Congratulations on not giving in to peer pressure! know that virtually all smokers wish they could quit- why start a destructive habit that is all downside with no real upside (except, possibly, fitting in)? Please continue to set a good example & "just say no.
" i predict that over time your friends will quit, one by one. If any of them pressure you to smoke they aren't a true friend. See comment:.

In brief: Set a good example!
Dr. Randy Baker
Dr. Randy Baker
Dr. Randy Baker
One concern I do have is that you may well be experiencing a significant exposure to second-hand smoke, which carries many of the same serious health hazards of smoking. At the very least you should not allow smoking in your home- when friends come over insist they smoke outdoors. When you are at their homes you probably can't do this, but considerate friends should be aware they are endangering your health when smoking in your presence. Taking Vitamin C, selenium and eating a diet rich in fruit & vegetables may help reduce the risk of second-hand smoke exposure.
Dr. Aaron Milstone
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Pulmonology