Cough for 3 months. Given montelukast for post nasal drip. Cough worse now. Having lots of irritation while I am breathing. What should I do?

Dr. Sue Ferranti
In brief: Te-see doctor...
Possible etiologies for your symptoms include bronchospasm from any cause, gerd, ongoing sinus problems or a combination of these.
If you have ever smoked, you need an aggressive work up to discover the etiology of your cough, including possible malignancy, chronic bronchitis, a form of copd. See your doctor as you will need a more extensive evaluation do that the proper treatment can be rendered.

In brief: Te-see doctor...
Dr. Sue Ferranti
Dr. Sue Ferranti
Dr. Ray Tidman
In brief: Pulm function test
These are breathing test done as an out patient which determine is you have functional breathing disorders.
You should also be checked for acid reflux.

In brief: Pulm function test
Dr. Ray Tidman
Dr. Ray Tidman
Dr. Aaron Milstone
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Pulmonology