What happens if you try and runaway from the hospital if you have overdosed or have suicidal thoghts?

Psych Hold. Most states allow for an "emergency petition" ("5150h&s" in california), as a temporary, involuntary hold for psychiatric evaluation and stabilization. If you present with a suicidal thoughts and/or an overdose, you can be detained, or if try & run away have the police catch you & bring you back to er for evaluation.