No. Most mold on bread is rhizopus, not penicillium, and would not cause a reaction in those with allergy to the drug penicillin. There have been a few penicillium molds producing penicillin found in some sausages and cheeses, but generally, there probably is not enough penicillin to cause a reaction, since this is almost never seen. The usda recommends that moldy breads be discarded for everyone.
Unlikely. But why would you want to eat moldy bread? Just kidding. The basic answer is "no" but I am sure it is a possibility.
I accidentaly ate a slice of bread until I noticed it has mold on it. Should I be concerned? I have a penicillin allergy.
Mold . If nothing has happened by now then everything is good . Read more...