How often are you supposed to get the hep a & hep b vaccine?

SeriesOfShotsOnlyOnc. You need series of shots for both only once in life time according to the recommendations by CDC Hep A is given series of two shots 6 months apart Hep B is given series of 3 shots Second shot after one month and third after six months of 1st shot According to CDC both these vaccines give long term protection possibly lifelong.
Several doses. The hepatitis a vaccine is given in two doses 6 months apart. Hepatitis b vaccine is usually given in 3 doses at 0, 1 and 6 months. You can then tell whether the vaccine worked with an antibody test. If the test is positive, you're done, though it may be worth getting retested every once in awhile.(every 10 years or so.).