What is the recovery time for gastric bypass?

About two weeks. After gastric bypass, many go home the following day, feeling fairly well and caring for themselves. Most can drive a car after one week and run short errands. Most return to work at two-three weeks. People who are self employed often return to work at one week.
A few weeks. The answer depends on how it was done. Open bypass takes 3-4 weeks to recover, while laparoscopic bypass is often less than 2 weeks. You won't be 100%, but should be able to return to a desk job in this time. For manual labor, recovery will be longer.