What are the negative effects of high fructose corn syrup?

Dr. Jeffrey Kass
Podiatry

In brief: Too little space

Myriads.....I think the question might be better asked is there anything positive about it? Apparently, obesity in america seems to have become an epidemic once they started adding high fructose corn syrup to all these food that originaly had sugar (cane.
).

In brief: Too little space

).
Dr. Jeffrey Kass
Dr. Jeffrey Kass
Dr. Michael Shapiro
While high fructose corn syrup (HFCS) has been demonized it has essentially the same proportion of fructose (42-55%) as sucrose (50%) does. Therefore, sucrose and HFCS are equally bad for you if overeaten. However, fructose found naturally in fruits is generally fine because of the accompanying fiber which slows its absorption and mitigates some of its adverse metabolic effects. Unfortunately HFCS is added in large amounts (without fiber) to many processed foods.