How high is risk of pulmonary embolism in late pregnancy?

Not very. If you don't smoke, are mobile, have no family history of clotting disorders, it's rare to see a pe. It can happen, but not so common as a truck driver or someone with cancer.
Depends on details. Pregnancy is a risk factor for thrombosis "clots", which theoretically also raises your risk of pulmonary embolism. But it is hard to objectively state just how high an individual person's risk is. Factors that contribute include personal history of thromboembolic event, obesity, genetics (hypercoaguable disorder "hd"), acquired "hd", and lifestyle (activity levels, hydration, smoking).