How can I tell if I have a stress-induced illness?

Dr. Alan Ali
In brief: Stress
First, need to rule out physiological causes, thru comprehensive physical exam & lab workup.
If all is clear, consult a therapist to help u work on stress management.

In brief: Stress
Dr. Alan Ali
Dr. Alan Ali
Dr. Richard Levenson
Clinical Psychology
In brief: Stress
Have a comprehensive physical examination by your internist, and discuss with him or her what is going on in your life.

In brief: Stress
Dr. Richard Levenson
Dr. Richard Levenson
Dr. Guy DaSilva
Preventive Medicine
In brief: Stress & illness
Stress is responded to by two tiny glands called the adrenals.
If the adrenals are over working, the hormones they produce may begin to break you down (see cushing's like syndrome). If the adrenals are fatigued, you have a host of symptoms resembling addison's disease. I am not implying that you have any of these diseases, but physiologically your body will manifest with similar symptoms.

In brief: Stress & illness
Dr. Guy DaSilva
Dr. Guy DaSilva
Dr. Steven Seres