What are the benefits of getting a partial hysterectomy?

In brief: Depends
Partial hysterectomy is a vague term. Many patients use it to mean taking out the uterus and leaving the ovaries.
This has the benefit of maintaining hormones in premenopausal women. Partial hys can also mean removing the body of the uterus and leaving the cervix. In an emergency open case, like a c-section, this results in less bleeding. Other benefits are doubtful.

In brief: Depends
Dr. Katherine Sutherland
Dr. Katherine Sutherland
Dr. Michael Hulse
Gynecology
In brief: Natural menopause.
Leaving the ovaries is often referred to as a partial hysterectomy.
If your ovaries are removed then you will be post menopausal immediately and could have symptoms. If you already have menopause symptoms, have a FH of ovarian cancer or certain other problems then I would consider removing your ovaries. Discuss pros and cons with your doctor. Either way have tubes removed to reduce your risk.

In brief: Natural menopause.
Dr. Michael Hulse
Dr. Michael Hulse