What would a gynecologist say if I asked about getting a tubal ligation?

This is permanent. Your gynecologist will likely make sure you understand that this procedure is considered permanent. Your gynecologist would also discuss the different surgical approaches available and the one that most suits you. In addition, your gynecologist will discuss other reversible, alternative options to tubal ligation.
"No problem!" This is bread and butter for gynecologists. Of course, they would discuss permanent sterilization with you and make sure you really wanted it.
??? That is your choice assuming you have no contraindications your gyn should tell you the pros and cons and possible complications, and hopefully the gyn does in office tubals like I do in the office which are easier , safer and less chance of complications than in hospital tubals.