I know someone that is very sensitive with the air especially any fans or windows open in the car that is directed on them. What could be the problem?

Non physiologic. This is not a symptoms of anything I have ever heard. Seems to be more a preference rather than a physiologic process.
Need more info. Sensitive in which way are you referring to? Like the person gets sick? If you are refering to nasal congestion, watery eyes or cough, that person might be having allergy symptoms. Please, contact your physician to find out.
Not a problem. Don't worry, just being sensitive to air - or not liking air blown on them - isn't medical problem. Some people simply don't like the feeling. Just how some people may not like spicy foods or the sound of certain fabrics being rubbed together - it's what makes people unique!