I am very nauseous, have headaches, feel faint, have been vomiting and my baby has been disliking my breastmilk. This has been going on for 4 days. I am wondering if I did the pregnancy blood test too early if my period was only due today? Is it possible

Dr. Kevin Daus

In brief: Blood Preg Test

No, this test is so sensitive it can pick up pregnancy before you miss a period.
Hope this helps and you get feeling better!

In brief: Blood Preg Test

Dr. Kevin Daus
Dr. Kevin Daus
Dr. PAUL EUN

In brief: Can always repeat

Pregnancy test is usually positive by the time you miss a period.
There are other reasons for having all the symptoms you describe. Please see your doctor.

In brief: Can always repeat

Dr. PAUL EUN
Dr. PAUL EUN
Dr. J Marshall Mahan

In brief: No

Urine hogs can become positive one week post conception, but it does seem early for hype remedies.
Need to ro viral illness , but could be very early hype remedies.

In brief: No

Dr. J Marshall Mahan
Dr. J Marshall Mahan
Dr. Cornelia Franz

In brief: Not necessarily

What are the results of the test? Pregnancy tests are based on the level of HCG circulating and typically it will be positive by the time your period is due.
Some women may take a little longer to become positive. So it is not too early...Just may need to repeat it in a few days.

In brief: Not necessarily

Dr. Cornelia Franz
Dr. Cornelia Franz
Dr. Linda Sodoma

In brief: No

The bloodtest can be positive before your period is due and can give us some insight as to how pregnant you are.

In brief: No

Dr. Linda Sodoma
Dr. Linda Sodoma
Dr. Marsha Davis