Why do I have a dry and sore throat after consuming beer?

Dr. Carla Enriquez

In brief: Dehydration

The dehydration causes dry, sore throat. Be sure to increase water consumption when you use alcohol.

In brief: Dehydration

Dr. Carla Enriquez
Dr. Carla Enriquez
Dr. Michael Fisher
Dermatology

In brief: Alcohol/sore throat

Drinking excess alcohol may cause a sore throat.
Consuming an alcoholic drink when you already have a sore throat may worsen symptoms. Sore throats often result from a viral infection that affects the throat, tonsils or nasal passages. A dry cough from the infection contributes to a sore throat. Bacterial infections, such as strep throat, may cause painful symptoms, making it difficult to swallow.

In brief: Alcohol/sore throat

Dr. Michael Fisher
Dr. Michael Fisher
Dr. John Hanna

In brief: Alcohol

Coffee, tea, cola, peppermint as well as alcohol are associated with increase in reflux.
I would suggest that the beer is allow acid to come up at night and irritate the back of your throat even if you might not be aware of heartburn.

In brief: Alcohol

Dr. John Hanna
Dr. John Hanna