How much should I be giving my baby to eat?

Dr. Irwin Berkowitz
In brief: Enough
Most babies will self regulate.
They know when they are hungry and when they are satisfied. Establish a feeding routine after the newborn period and take cues from the baby. Confirmation of adequate intake will come at the check ups when the baby is weighed and measured. As far as overfeeding, two problems occur; one is sticking a bottle in the baby's mouth whenever he cries and feeding junk.

In brief: Enough
Most babies will self regulate.
Dr. Irwin Berkowitz
Dr. Irwin Berkowitz
Dr. Laura Webb
In brief: Depends on age
As your baby grows they will need more with each feeding and the time between feedings will spread out.
Your baby is a very good judge of their appetite, so make sure you follow their cues. A rough rule of thumb is during the first month a baby takes 2-3 ounces every 2-3 hours and during the second 4-6 ounces every 4 hours.

In brief: Depends on age
Dr. Laura Webb
Dr. Laura Webb