I'm 7 months pregnant and my left top side of my thigh goes numb sometimes what does that mean and what should I do?

Dr. Dan Fisher
In brief: Meralgia
Symptoms like this are common in pregnancy when the abdomen is pushed up against your inguinal ligament ( the band that runs from your pubic bone to your hip).
This pressure compresses your lateral femoral cutaneous nerve and causes numbness and tingling. It is called meralgia paresthetica. It usually goes away after delivery.

In brief: Meralgia
Dr. Dan Fisher
Dr. Dan Fisher
Dr. Kenneth Ashkin
Neurology
In brief: Meralgia Paresthetic
The weight gain during pregnancy and irritate a nerve that travels near the pelvis and causes the tingling.
It should correct after delivery. See your doctor if you have alot of pain with it.

In brief: Meralgia Paresthetic
Dr. Kenneth Ashkin
Dr. Kenneth Ashkin
Dr. Jane Van Dis