I recently had an ultrsound and a polyp was found by my bile duct. Should I have the polyp removed?

In brief: Rare
It would be rare and unusual to find a polyp in the bile duct.
Polyps are sometimes found in the gallbladder itself, and can usually be observed unless they are more than 1 cm in size. Polypoid tumors of the bile duct would be rare, and may need gastroenterology evaluation with ercp.

In brief: Rare
Dr. Mark Hoepfner
Dr. Mark Hoepfner
In brief: Rare, but...
Can be premalignant.
I would advise excision, which can be difficult with ERCP and often requires open surgery. If malignant, radical excision is indicated.

In brief: Rare, but...
Can be premalignant.
Dr. Cosme Manzarbeitia
Dr. Cosme Manzarbeitia
Dr. Marsha Davis