What is DNA fragmentation ? Is it a temporary condition , what causes this , can it be treated and what impact can it have on an IVF attempt ?

Dr. Scott Roseff
Fertility Medicine

In brief: DNA breakage

At the end of the day, it's really the structure and functioning of sperm dna that has to be "normal" for an egg to fertilize in ivf.
If the sperm dna is heavily fragmented, pregnancy may not occur, or if it does it can miscarry. Frag occurs for many reasons like smoking or chemical exposure or varicocele. I try to either fix these or certainly consider icsi.

In brief: DNA breakage

Dr. Scott Roseff
Dr. Scott Roseff
Dr. Adam Levy