I was put on provera (medroxyprogesterone) 10mg/10 days to have a period and it didn't help.. Its been over a week since my last pill.. Why could this be?

Dr. Jeff Livingston

In brief: Often not enough

That is a very standard regimen of Progesterone but it will not work on everyone.
Schedule a follow up to go over the options. Most should have a pregnancy test, thyroid and prolactin tests done. Many patients with pcos will not cycle with this dose. Some need a higher dose and others will need to try birth control pills with estrogen and Progesterone to have a cycle.

In brief: Often not enough

Dr. Jeff Livingston
Dr. Jeff Livingston
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham