Who can someone go to get help if he or she is having thoughts of suicide?

Pathology

In brief: Listen --

Of all the facts and figures i ever learned in my years as a physician, the one that's helped the most is this -- consistently, in studies of people who are in reasonable physical health who have tried to end their lives but failed, 99% are happy, one year later, that they failed.
99%. Remember it, even when things seem darkest. You can escape from an abusive relationship, a bad job, etc.

In brief: Listen --

Dr. Miroslava Fox
Clinical Psychology

In brief: See below

National suicide prevention hotline 1-800-273-talk.
I would encourage you to talk to a primary care doctor to get a referral for a psychologist/or a qualified mental health professional to figure out what's happening with you. If thoughts of suicide become overwhelming, please dial 911 or go to the nearest emergency room -- they will do psych eval at the er and discuss options with the person.

In brief: See below

Dr. Miroslava Fox
Dr. Miroslava Fox
Dr. Andrew Berry
Clinical Psychology

In brief: Suicide

1 (800) 273-8255 National Suicide Prevention Lifeline Hours: 24 hours, 7 days a week Languages: English, Spanish Website: www.
suicidepreventionlifeline.org ALL LIFE IS PRECIOUS. CALL THEM RIGHT THIS MINUTE!!!!

In brief: Suicide

Dr. Andrew Berry
Dr. Andrew Berry
Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine