What is worse: aspergers syndrome, or high-functioning autism?

Comparison. Personally speaking , there is no comparison. They are both special in their own ways. Both need lot of support and understanding. And sometimes they will surprise you with their normality!
No comparison . Each pt has their strength and weakness and they are amazing from music swants to history buffs to chess experts. They have their struggles but it is not their may be out system has struggles adapting to them they call us normotypes one of my pt , calls us we call them hfa , it is relative , in their world we are abnormal , help them with their weakness and enjoy their strengths.
The strengths and. Weaknesses in a child with autism who has a full-scale iq > 70, are such that they tend to have more difficulty in the american school system, in which most of the teaching is language-based. Many have non- verbal iq's of 90 or >, but low- or below- average verbal iq. Some, but not all, children with as have the opposite, with fsiq > 70 but lower non-verbal abilities. Both lack theory of mind.