What could be the cause of my leg stiffness and back pain?

Dr. Larry Armstrong
Neurosurgery

In brief: Muscle or nerve

More than likely, the cause is muscular in origin.
The fact that both hurt in the way you describe sounds like a strain/sprain with associated muscle stiffness. You should probably see your family dr. If your symptoms persist. It's always possible that a pinched nerve can cause those symptoms as well but less likely.

In brief: Muscle or nerve

Dr. Larry Armstrong
Dr. Larry Armstrong
Dr. Jeffrey Sider
Sports Medicine

In brief: Disuse, weakness

While its hare to be precise without an exam, typical stiffness and lower back pain are related to lack of flexibility and lack of exercise.
I usually recommend both core strengthening and flexibility exercises these symptom are often related to sedentary activity or even a worn out mattress.

In brief: Disuse, weakness

Dr. Jeffrey Sider
Dr. Jeffrey Sider
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine