How can probiotics boost the immune system?

Probiotics. Probiotics are live bacteria, that when present in the gut, leads to some measure of improved health. The intestinal bacterial can be very different from one person to the next. The immune system is continually responding to the gut bacteria and chemicals the blood cells release can influence surrounding immune cells. Immune boosting probiotics are thought to increase release of these chemicals.
Probiotics. Helping to re-populate the gut bacteria. By doing this, it can help to restore the body's gut immunity which has a large role in the overall immune system. But it is very difficult to say that probiotics truly "boost" the immune system although I am a proponent in their use.