Is thyroid hormone helpful for getting pregnant?

Essential. Adequate/normal thyroid function is essential to getting pregnant and carrying a pregnancy to term. In fact, the most ancient pregnancy test was reported from ancient greece, where astute early physicians noticed that young women who missed their periods and had a slightly enlarged thyroid gland (goiter) were pregnant. The fetus depends on maternal thyroid action until 10 weeks.
Only if You Need It. If you have thyroid problems you should discuss this with your OB to make sure your thyroid function is optimal for pregnancy.