Is it safe to bunyon removed and use that bone to bone graft in the jaw?

Dr. Majid Jamali
Surgery - Oral & Maxillofacial

In brief: Jaw

Interesting! had never heard of that.
We usually harvest bone from tibia or hip to augment the jaw. I suppose it's possible, but you have to remember that it is a cortical bone. It's use is limited.

In brief: Jaw

Interesting! had never heard of that.
Dr. Majid Jamali
Dr. Majid Jamali

In brief: Bone Grafts

May be harvested from anywhere in your own body and used as effective bone filler where needed.
Be careful, though, not to compromise donor site structures. There is very little bone to be harvested from a bunion surgery. Much better to harvest from the pelvis or from flaired portions of the tibia. This may also depend on the type of bone needed, cortical vs cancellous.

In brief: Bone Grafts

Dr. Charles Southerland
Dr. Charles Southerland
Dr. Vicken Poochikian