Is it possible that I am getting repeated sinus, nasal and chest congestion attacks because I gave up smoking?

Very possible. Many patients experience an increase in coughing or mucus production for a few months after they quit smoking - paradoxically this is happening because the body is healing after long-term toxin exposure and the systems in place to clear gook out are waking up and starting to work. Almost all patients report this disappearing by six months and that quitting makes them feel better overall.