Is it possible for back pain to be related to dental pain?

Dr. Louis Gallia
Surgery - Oral & Maxillofacial

In brief: No

No. I've never seen back pain related to dental disease in over 30 years of practice.
However if you suspect a relationship, see your dentist to make sure you have no dental disease.

In brief: No

Dr. Louis Gallia
Dr. Louis Gallia
Dr. Merrill Reuter
Infection could be a commonality
Dr. Paul Grin
Pain Management

In brief: Unrelated

affective reaction caused by a stimulus in a completely different sensory system. See dentist for tooth pain and PCP for back pain.

In brief: Unrelated

Dr. Paul Grin
Dr. Paul Grin
Dr. David Stall
Dentistry

In brief: Possibly

Some people with bite problems causing TMJ or jaw muscle spasms can have the associated muscles cause headaches, neck aches and upper back muscle aches.
It is rare however. Lower or middle back pain would not be due to dental causes.

In brief: Possibly

Dr. David Stall
Dr. David Stall
Dr. Kim Capehart
Dentistry

In brief: Possible

Dental pain can at times cause back pain.
Especially if you have tmj/tmd which can be caused by joints, muscles, malocclusion or other causes of the pain.

In brief: Possible

Dr. Kim Capehart
Dr. Kim Capehart
Dr. Dennis Kelley
Dentistry

In brief: Not normally

I have never found in 26 years of practice any patient that had backk pain due to dental problems.
Although having said that i will say this....... Anything is possible.

In brief: Not normally

Dr. Dennis Kelley
Dr. Dennis Kelley