I am unable to fully heal from sores, knee surgery, root canal, surgery. What should I do?

Dr. Daniel Sampson
Surgery - Oral & Maxillofacial

In brief: Check for diabetes

People with diabetes have healing problems due to what we call poor peripheral circulation.
While there can be other reasons for poor wound healing, this would be the first thing to look for.

In brief: Check for diabetes

Dr. Daniel Sampson
Dr. Daniel Sampson
Dr. Barbara Stark Baxter
Internal Medicine - Allergy & Immunology

In brief: Check immune system

An immunology workup may reveal why you seem unable to heal.
If you have persistent sores, there can be nutritional or genetic issues. If you get infected easily, and can't fight infections, that's another issue. Sometimes the reason may be relatively simple, but often very specific and complex tests are needed to shed light on the problem. That is why a specialist is your best bet.

In brief: Check immune system

Dr. Barbara Stark Baxter
Dr. Barbara Stark Baxter
Dr. Bret Boyle
Board Certified, Wound care