How high do you get eating things baked with marijuana?

Dr. Randy Baker
Holistic Medicine

In brief: Depends on dose

Like every medicinal substance, the effects depend on the dose.
One hazard of eating things baked with marijuana is difficulty guaging the dose. When smoked one feels the effects right away so can control the dose, but when eaten effects take an hour or more & people often take too much. Besides getting "high, "large doses often cause sleepiness, but small doses give benefits without much of a high.

In brief: Depends on dose

Dr. Randy Baker
Dr. Randy Baker
Dr. Gary Greenly

In brief: Extraction....

I have the distinction of signing up probably 80% of the legal hawaii marijuana card holders on the island of oahu, and perhaps the state of hawaii.
My info from patients is that consuming extracted thc is slower in onset, lasts longer, and has less of a euphoric effect. Obviously, it has no pulmonary concerns. For the experienced user, extraction is a very good alternative to smoking

In brief: Extraction....

Dr. Gary Greenly
Dr. Gary Greenly
2 comments
Dr. Randy Baker
Agreed Dr. Greenly (a good name for a doctor who recommends green medicine). I find many patients prefer eating while many others prefer smoking. While it is possible to get very "high" with marijuana, baked or via smoking, many patients use it to treat serious symptoms and don't like getting very "high." I am happy to see more CBD-rich strains being used that are less psychoactive yet helpful.
Dr. Gary Greenly
cannabidiol (CBD) is one of at least 60 active components identified in cannibus. Compared to tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) it is considered to have a wider scope of medical applications, and does not produce the "buzz" associated with THC.
Dr. Vikram Patel