How can I relieve my anxiety before a flight?

Dr. Lawrence Smith
Clinical Psychology

In brief: More info needed

More information please.
What is the basis for the anxiety? Fear of flying? Fear that you will miss your flight? Fear of meeting someone at your destination? There are a number of good websites that can be helpful. For example: http://www.Anxietyandstress.Com/fearofflying.Html i love this one: the risk of dying in a plane crash = risk of dying by taking a bath.

In brief: More info needed

More information please.
Dr. Lawrence Smith
Dr. Lawrence Smith

In brief: If this is a

Consistent problem that is effecting your quality of life - consider the option of cognitive behavioral therapy.

In brief: If this is a

Dr. Donald Jacobson
if you fly rarely, any benzodiazepine can be prescribed to be taken 1 hour before the flight. All you need is a prescription for 2 pills, one on the way to your destination and one on the way back. Do not use alcohol before, during or after the flight.
Dr. Krishna Kumar

In brief: Anxiety beforeflight

I understand your concern.
Prior to taking a flight, see a psychiatrist for Therapy for: • Stresses at work and in relationships • anxiety symptoms including flight anxiety • Effect of anxiety on your functioning • Coping Skills for stress • Discuss taking Ativan or Xanax 1 hour before the flight • Do not mix it with Alcohol • Breathing and Music Relaxation • Visual Imagery • MeditationYoga

In brief: Anxiety beforeflight

I understand your concern.
Dr. Krishna Kumar
Dr. Krishna Kumar