How can I alleviate my red eyes from allergies?

Saline rinses. Some over the counter eye drops like visine, may provide some brief relief from the itchy eyes, but often rinsing with lots (and i mean lots) of saline drops or contact lens solution is better. Using cool, wet cloths and rinsing the eyelids with water will also help. For longer lasting relief, some prescription eye drops are very helpful and allergy shots might be helpful in the long run.
Allergy eye drops. Allergy eye drops are generally the main treatment of eye allergy symptoms, including red eyes. Some are available over-the-counter (e.g. Zaditor), and some require a prescription (e.g. Optivar). They often contain antihistamines which block the allergic reaction which is causing the allergy symptoms. This treatment can be used in addition to rinsing with saline as mentioned.