Can my lymph nodes be scaring me?

Dr. Michael Miller
Wound care

In brief: Monitoring Centers

Lymphatic system absorbs/carries things too big to go into the arteries/veins like bacteria eaten by white cells and digested food.
Lymph nodes "taste" the lymph for anything bad like bacteria/viruses/cancers, etc. When it detects a problem, it alerts the immune system and your body reacts. They enlarge in response to the inflammation they create when they react. They shrink when all is well.

In brief: Monitoring Centers

Dr. Michael Miller
Dr. Michael Miller
Dr. John Cheng

In brief: Infection

If you do have an infected node, there may be a source of infection that may need to be identified in the groin area or lower leg.
It should be treated with antibiotics. The infection may cause the scarring if not treated.

In brief: Infection

Dr. John Cheng
Dr. John Cheng
Dr. Umesh Patel
Board Certified, Preventive Medicine