What complications can develop from using a epi-pen?

Dr. Arthur Torre
Pediatrics - Allergy & Asthma
In brief: Nohing significant
Epi-pen is used for treating anaphylaxis.
Side effects can include paleness, vomiting and a rapid pulse. All these "pale" in comparison to not using an epi-pen for anaphylaxis which can result in death (pun intended).

In brief: Nohing significant
Dr. Arthur Torre
Dr. Arthur Torre
Dr. Steven Machtinger
Internal Medicine - Allergy & Immunology
In brief: Stuck it in my thumb
The only adverse effect i've seen to Epipen (epinephrine) is when the directions are not followed & the device is held backwards.
The needle can pass right through your thumb & nail. Worse you can get Epinephrine inside your thumb causing pain & decreased blood flow. Otherwise Epinephrine is a very safe drug. Vomiting, dizziness & occasional jitteriness are the only side-effects in children & young adults.

In brief: Stuck it in my thumb
Dr. Steven Machtinger
Dr. Steven Machtinger