How high is the success rate for allergic desensitization?

Dr. Steven Machtinger
Internal Medicine - Allergy & Immunology

In brief: 90%

I tell my patients 30% have dramatic improvement, 30% good results & 30% fair results.
10% don't improve. Better results occur when the patient is younger and doesn't have asthma and when fewer allergies are present. Success depends also on the commitment of the patient and the family and the expertise of the allergy office and staff.

In brief: 90%

Dr. Steven Machtinger
Dr. Steven Machtinger
Dr. Jack Mutnick

In brief: Allergy Shots

Results show that allergy injections are very effective but only 18% of patients complete the full course.
Sublingual or oral allergy formulations are bogus and are not approved by the fda since they have never been shown to be nearly as effective as allergy injections. Isolated and single allergens can only be used compared to multiple allergens in injections.

In brief: Allergy Shots

Dr. Jack Mutnick
Dr. Jack Mutnick