If you have breast implants, can you still breast feed your baby? Does it make your breasts look weird?

Dr. Otto Placik
Surgery - Plastics
In brief: Yes but be informed
It is very safe but there are some concerns that I have addressed in the video link below.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fybsihrevec;sns=em in fact it has been shown that women with silicone breast implants produce milk with less silicone than formula fed infants. There are other concerns about capsular contracture and ptosis which are discussed in the video.

In brief: Yes but be informed
Dr. Otto Placik
Dr. Otto Placik
Dr. Jason Lichten
Surgery - Plastics
In brief: You can try
Some women with or without breast implants are not able to produce enough milk to exclusively breast feed.
Women with breast implants can try breast feeding; the surgery may or may not change their ability to produce enough milk, so i advise all my patients that they may have to supplement. This should not affect the overall results of how your breasts look after augmentation.

In brief: You can try
Dr. Jason Lichten
Dr. Jason Lichten
Dr. Jason Hall
Surgery - Plastics
Breast implants themselves do not have a measurable effect on breastfeeding.
How your breasts look during pregnancy is a matter of personal opinion, but pregnancy will stretch the skin and soft tissue, which does not always return to what it was before.

Dr. Jason Hall
Dr. Jason Hall
Dr. Daniel Careaga
Surgery - Plastics
In brief: Usually yes
Breast implants can reduce your chances of being able to breastfeed by about 15-20%.
Pregnancy and breast feeding can affect the appearance of your breasts with implants just as they can be affected if you did not have implants.

In brief: Usually yes
Dr. Daniel Careaga
Dr. Daniel Careaga
Dr. Alex Lechtman
Surgery - Plastics
In brief: Yes and no
Yes you can breast feed and i encourage my patients to do so.
Your breasts will change with pregnancy. How is anyone's guess.

In brief: Yes and no
Dr. Alex Lechtman
Dr. Alex Lechtman
Dr. Cindy Juster