Has anyone had or know about supartz (hyaluronic acid) injections for knee pain? Does it work?

Dr. Bertrand Kaper
Orthopedic Surgery - Reconstruction
In brief: Yes it does work
Supartz (hyaluronic acid) is one specific type of visco-supplementation injection- designed to treat knee arthritis.
It helps restore the nature viscosity of the synovial fluid within the knee joint, thereby reducing pain and improving knee function. I have seen benefits from supartz (hyaluronic acid) injections lasting from 6 months to over 4 years in my patients.

In brief: Yes it does work
Dr. Bertrand Kaper
Dr. Bertrand Kaper
Dr. Jeffrey Sider
Sports Medicine
In brief: It can work
I have been using orthovisc injections for several years with good success.
I prefer that brand of hyaluronic acid shot. I have many patients who have gone 1-1/2 years after a series of shots if the shots don't help then you probably need a knee replacement.

In brief: It can work
Dr. Jeffrey Sider
Dr. Jeffrey Sider
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine