My baby's neck measurement was 5.3 mm and they say he might be have down syndrome? What to test next?

In brief: Screening vs direct
I'll assume your question is about a prenatal ultrasound finding.
These tests are indirect ways to select out cases where a more direct or definitive test would be worthwhile. A prominent neck is suggestive but not definite.The more invasive test, an amniocentesis takes a sample of the fluid in the womb that would have baby cells. That could be tested for the ds chromosomes & know for sure.

In brief: Screening vs direct
In brief: Chromosomal studies
If your child displays some or all of the characteristics of down syndrome, your doctor probably will order a test called a chromosomal karyotype.
This test is an analysis of your child's chromosomes. If there's an extra chromosome 21 present in all or some of the cells, the diagnosis is down syndrome.

In brief: Chromosomal studies
Dr. Michael H. T. Sia
Dr. Michael H. T. Sia
Dr. Shontae Buffington