How should I go about getting rid of my depression?

Dr. Jeni McCutcheon
Clinical Psychology
In brief: Seek competent help
I would suggest that you seek the help of a licensed psychologist or counselor, as well as consider seeking a medication evaluation and treatment from a psychiatrist.
Medication and therapy can assist in treating depression effectively.

In brief: Seek competent help
Dr. Jeni McCutcheon
Dr. Jeni McCutcheon
Dr. Ralph Morgan Lewis
FP's & other PCP's can also undertake therapy for depression. Some insurance plans require that before referral to therapist.
Dr. Guy DaSilva
Preventive Medicine
In brief: Neuro/adenal test
When there is no apparent situation causing depression, i highly recommend getting your neurotransmittters tested by urine and adrenal function tested by saliva.
With both tests, you can then effectively balance any abnormalities with targeted nutritional and Amino Acid therapy. In my practice the clinical results are remarkable. The testing allows us to hone in and not guess as to the cause.

In brief: Neuro/adenal test
Dr. Guy DaSilva
Dr. Guy DaSilva