If I drink one cup of chamomile tea, how long will I likely sleep for?

In brief: Can't estimate

Length of time. It is best for mild insomnia.
Chamomile contains a flavonoid called apigenin which helps to relax the body & decrease brain activity. Studies show that chamomile can reduce the time it takes to fall asleep, increase depth of sleep & decrease middle awakenings. Steep tea for at least 10 to 15 minutes & drink 30 to 45 minutes before sleep to help with insomnia.

In brief: Can't estimate

In brief: It will relax you.

Chamomile tea is best known for getting you relaxed enough to get some sleep.
By having a hot and soothing herbal tea a half hour or so before bed does help the body relax and make it more susceptible to sleep. If you are having problems sleeping see your doctor.

In brief: It will relax you.

Dr. Richard Leaderman
Dr. Richard Leaderman
Dr. Jack Hinkle